Building Python - how to set include and lib paths?

Lack Mr G M gml4410 at ggr.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 16:15:33 EDT 2003

   I'm trying to build (compile and link) Python2.2.3,  However, I need
to indicate where it can find various library and header files for other
extensions which I have already built (things like ssl etc.).

   How may I configure the Python build process to look in these
directories, and to use these same values when building extension modules?

   All I can see is /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib being forced
into use (I need to remove those, as that is *not* where I put things
and anything which is there might cause problems).

   Or is it impossible to configure Pyhton builds?

  [I also see it forcing /lib and /usr/lib into the library_dir
searches, which doesn't really make sens on an IRIX system, where you
should, by default, be looking in /lib32 and /usr/lib32.]

   I can't find anything in the README file about this, and the
configure script doesn't mention any such features.  Surely I'm not the
only person in the world who doesn't want to/can't put this into
/usr/local?

--
--------- Gordon Lack --------------- gml4410 at ggr.co.uk  ------------
This message *may* reflect my personal opinion.  It is *not* intended