dumping command-history in python interactive mode

Christoph Becker-Freyseng webmaster at beyond-thoughts.com
Fri Jul 18 14:09:04 EDT 2003

Hello,

thank You very much.
I did not find this tutorial with Google. I often use python to do
system administration on a remote machine so I can't use IDLE.
ipython looks nice, too.

I added one more feature to the startup-script: Pressing C-w will put
some code into the python-commandline that dumps the history to stdout.
So you can cut'n'paste code (is there a way to define additional
functions for key-binding in readline -- not just macros).
Unfortuantely it might cause trouble if "readline" was defined before.

Yours sincerly,
    Christoph Becker-Freyseng