Partition names with Python

Artur M. Piwko pipen at
Tue Jul 1 12:53:27 CEST 2003

In the darkest hour on Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:25:46 +1000,
Andrew Bennetts <andrew-pythonlist at> screamed:
>> You might want to try something like
>>     import os
>>     print os.popen('mount').read()
> Or simply reading /etc/mtab or perhaps /proc/mounts (this one is
> linux-specific, I think), rather than spawning a process.

And /proc/partitions.

Before the Goat of Mendes... we all must take our turn   |  Artur M. Piwko
Into the magic circle... where still the fire burns      |  mailto:s/_/./
We're spinning round and round... until one takes a fall | -- Mercyful Fate
The fallen one will not return, the fallen one must burn | "Witches' Dance"