Running a Python script against an embedded mySQL server.

quadric at primenet.com quadric at primenet.com
Wed Jul 2 13:05:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have an application that has an embedded/extended Python interpreter.  I
need to add
database capabilities and for reasons to lengthy to explain in this email,
also require
an embedded database server.  I have tentatively chosen mySQL 4.0 due to
the apparent
ease of embedding, along with it having all the necessary database
functionality I need.

The application executes Python expressions as well as running complete
Python scripts via its
embedded interpreter.

The question is,  using msSQLdb , can I connect external Python scripts
that the application
executes  to the embedded mySQL server ?

If so, are there any special considerations in doing this?

Thanks for your help.