mx odbc

Paul Boddie paul at
Thu Jul 10 16:22:44 CEST 2003

Alan Kennedy <alanmk at> wrote in message news:<3F0D4728.45284530 at>...
> To those who continue to complain about having to pay for software,
> I say: If you don't like paying, fork the software, maintain your
> own product and let it be free (both in the free-speech and the
> free-beer senses): see how you long *you* last.

Or in this case, don't fork the product because the licence won't
permit it. Instead, write your own ODBC driver manager package.

I've stated before that vocal critics of mxODBC's licensing could
relatively easily wrap something like iODBC and release the results
under an open source licence, but the fact that it hasn't been done
really says a lot about how much the mxODBC licensing is a "problem"
for those people.