does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?

Cameron Laird claird at
Wed Jul 2 17:21:17 CEST 2003

In article <3EEE789A.3DD19DA4 at>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at> wrote:
>> Automated testing, carefully thought out, can increase this fraction
>> significantly; but "run the software before you give it to the customer"
>> is a laughably inferior way of finding bugs.
>I agree, that would indeed be a laughable, not to mention ineffective, approach.

Yet I must testify that there are plenty of big-budget
development operations whose operation doesn't achieve
*that* level of sophistication.

I note that just for some sort of balance.  Please,
let's not hold ourselves back to their level of in-

Cameron Laird <Cameron at>