new in town

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Sat Jul 12 19:41:40 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 14:19, Elaine Jackson wrote:
> That's okay, because I don't want my hand held. What I'd like is a reasonable
> assurance that, if I pick up this tool, I'll be able to accomplish what I have
> in mind.

That is the basic problem: you haven't told anyone what you have in
mind.  You might think you were being specific, but you weren't.
I'm *guessing* you are asking if Python can be compiled in the same
sense that C can.  That answer is no.  If you are asking whether
standalone executables can be made, the answer is yes.  If you are
asking whether Python is fast enough for your application, the answer is
maybe (or most likely).

> If not then, no offence, but I intend picking up a different tool.

As long as it isn't a bloody icepick, I don't think anyone would object
to your use of any tool you please.

Regards,
Cliff

--
Take a hollow point revolver, right down the rapids of your heart
                                                           -Coil