how to register private python codecs?

Radovan Garabik garabik-news-2002-02 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Tue Jul 1 10:20:21 EDT 2003

I am developing and application that makesheavy use of (my own)
codecs not distributed with python (i.e. unicode(text, 'kamenicky'))
I put the codec into file kamenicky.py, placed the file into
/usr/lib/python/encodings,
but now I want to distribute my application, and I assume that
users won't always have the possibility of copying files into
/usr/lib/python/encodings.
Is there a (simple) way how to register this encoding so that the
file "kamenicky.py" can be in (let's say) current directory?

TIA

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |