how to register private python codecs?

Radovan Garabik garabik-news-2002-02 at
Tue Jul 1 16:20:21 CEST 2003

I am developing and application that makesheavy use of (my own)
codecs not distributed with python (i.e. unicode(text, 'kamenicky'))
I put the codec into file, placed the file into
but now I want to distribute my application, and I assume that
users won't always have the possibility of copying files into
Is there a (simple) way how to register this encoding so that the
file "" can be in (let's say) current directory?

| Radovan Garabík |