anything like C++ references?

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Wed Jul 16 21:54:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 22:02, Stephen Horne wrote:
> The pointer thing was raised in the context of a larger discussion. It
> *would* be necessary if another change was made (don't worry, it won't
> happen).

I know the broader discussion context, but if changes like those (e.g.
copy on write) were to happen at some further point in time, that would
definitely be the moment for me to stop using Python, and switch to
Ruby.

Python's data model is good as it is, I don't really see the need to add
more to it. We've gone a long way with type-class unification, and I
guess there won't be much more need to change for very long...

Heiko.