Installing many packages

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Tue Jul 22 15:06:16 EDT 2003

I've got a whole bunch of package dependencies in the programs I develop.
Mainly, they are generic libraries/utilities I've written that are needed
by most of the programs I write.  The biggest problem I've had with
python's packaging system is that I end up needing to install every library
package on each machine I install my programs on.  It's even worse when I
go through an upgrade...

Is there any way to create something like a "meta-package"?  ie, can bundle
a whole bunch of packages together under a single installer?  I'm working
on both Windows and Mac so the tools need to support both platforms.  Does
anything exist for this purpose?

Thanks,

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions