How to crash Python in 1 easy step (python 2.2.2)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 13 15:00:23 EDT 2003

Paul Miller wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a python bug or a bug in an associated
> library, and I'm not even sure how to correctly report it, but here is
>   Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with
> raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type
> code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing
> enter.
>
> This is on a RedHat 9.0 system running on an Athlon 600.  Basically
> everything about the system is standard except for what's been updated
> by RedHat itself.  If anyone who has the time and ability to track
> down this bug needs more information, please email me.

I doubt it is a problem in Python, it works nicely on both my
windows and my linux machines (python 2.2.3).

Just a gut feeling: reinstall/upgrade your readline library.....

--Irmen