Sample Web application (Re: Python vs PHP)

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Jul 9 13:34:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 10:26, Daniel Dittmar wrote:
> Ian Bicking did something like this with
> http://colorstudy.com/docs/shootout.html with a Wiki as the example
> application. If there is interest, I would volunteer to copy this into the
> Wiki so that it can be more easily extended. I already got Ian's
> permissionto do so, but was so far too lazy for it.

It might be preferable to do this in CVS somewhere -- it would handle
the source files better, and most of the commentary can go in comments.

One of the big problems I also had was installation.  Many of the
frameworks require non-trivial Apache configuration, which hinders
experimentation.  Actually solving this is significant work, though --
but also something which very much deserves solving.

A SourceForge (or equivalent) project might be a good place to start.

  Ian