Newbie Question: Abstract Class in Python

Kevin Bass kbass1 at
Mon Jul 7 02:42:27 CEST 2003

"Aahz" <aahz at> wrote in message
news:beaed6$e71$1 at
> In article <5U2Oa.239646$jp.6482027 at>,
> Kevin Bass <kbass1 at> wrote:
> >
> >I am new to Python and want to know how to implement an abstract
> >class? I have read through different books and I have no found this
> >information.  Thanks!
> Simple answer: you don't.  Python doesn't really have that concept.  If
> you tell us what you're trying to do, we can explain how to do that in
> Python.
> --
> Aahz (aahz at           <*>
> "Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS

I am only looking for an answer about creating an abstract class in Python
not a solution to a problem.   I am looking for a way to stop class
of a class. This should be a generic approach.