Nice presentation of Dana Moore on Oscon

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at embeddedsystems.nl
Fri Jul 11 03:13:46 EDT 2003

A colleage attended me on the presentation of Dana Moore on Oscon:
"The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Technology Disruption
Python Survival in a Java & .Net World"
http://www.infoether.com/~rich/pycon2003.pdf

A very nice presentation. I do have one small comment: Python is
characterized as "weakly typed", which should be "dynamic types", or
what people often mean to say "not static typed".

The difference has been discussed many times in this newsgroup. Dynamic
typing requires a different approach than static typing. Programmers
from the static world have to make a mental adjustment to become
effective in this different paradigm.

kind regards, Gerrit Muller
--
Gaudi systems architecting: