new in town

David McNab postmaster at 127.0.0.1
Sat Jul 12 23:27:45 EDT 2003

One more thing Elaine - I may offend others on this list in saying this,
but if you're doing GUI applications, I strongly suggest that you dive in
and familiarise yourself with Tkinter. It could well be the only GUI you
ever need in Python.

Don't be intimidated if the Tkinter docs you come across urge you to
approach it from a Tk viewpoint- there's an excellent guide at:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/owen/TkinterSummary.html

I argue for Tkinter over another popular Python-accessible GUI, wxWindows,
because Tkinter is smaller, faster and far less buggy, and has a really
nice 'feel' within the Python environment.

David