Python scripting with Paint Shop Pro 8.0

John J. Lee jjl at
Mon Jul 21 16:06:59 CEST 2003

Marc Wilson <marc at> writes:
> While I'm sure Python is a lovely language, the choice is due to PSP using
> the scripting engine: if I have to write something from scratch (or even
> from bits'n'bobs), I'll use a language I already know.

Very wise.  It would take you a whole afternoon to learn Python well
enough to do what you want with PIL <0.2 wink>.

And I'm sure that afternoon will pay off again.

OK, and another day to get out of the mess your OS (whichever one you
use) will try to get you into with naming conventions, filesystem
paths and other plumbing <0.8 wink>.