list() coercion

Bob Gailer bgailer at
Thu Jul 17 17:47:39 CEST 2003

At 03:24 PM 7/17/2003 +0100, Alan Kennedy wrote:

>Bob Gailer wrote:
> > I have just read the docs 2.2.5 Iterator Types. Unfortunately this page
> > seems to be written for someone who already understands the page. Is
> > there any other explanation or examples?
>Try A. M. Kuchling's "What's new in Python".

That still sounds like it was written for someone who already understands
the material. What I'd like is something that I could read once, that would
define each new term, and would leave me a clear understanding of the topic.

Perhaps I will attempt to digest the topic then write the kind of
explanation that I wanted to start with and submit that to the document folks.

I find the same frustration with other Python documentation.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at
303 442 2625