Stopping a loop with user input. in curses

Alex bogus at antispam.com
Mon Jul 21 00:47:34 EDT 2003

Hello Ray,

After trying the code, I got the same problem which prompted me to
post to the newsgroup. The clock would properly display but it
wouldn't update every second. If I hit the up-arrow key (or any
other key besides 'q'), the program would then update the time. I
would have to continuously hit a key to get the clock to update
every second.

I have a theory about programming in curses which I've described to
yet another Ray within the same thread. Please read it and tell me
if I'm completely out to lunch here or not (I'm hoping I'm wrong).

Thanks,

Alex