Andy Jewell andy at
Thu Jul 24 00:27:56 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 Jul 2003 8:04 pm, A Division of FordWeb.Inc
> we get the following error message when we try to login to our control
> panel for ensim....can you help
>       key
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\, line 162, in
> publish File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\,
> line 427, in traverse File .\base\AccessControl\,
> line 235, in validate (Object: RoleManager)
>   File .\base\AccessControl\, line 296, in
> _authenticate (Object: RoleManager)
>   File .\published\webhost\, line 78, in
> userAuthenticate (Object: RoleManager)
>   File .\base\serverman\current\, line 54, in value2dict
> NameError: key

The error is that the word 'key' is not a valid python statement: the file
concerned is probably corrupted/truncated or has been modified by gremlins or
inept users...

Open up file .\base\serverman\current\, and post the surrounding
code found near line 54 - then we'll have some context to work from.   Is
this a custom app or part of Zope itself? Have you asked anyone on any of the
Zope mailing lists or forums?