Any Software can Python <-> Delphi ?

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Jul 29 03:03:25 EDT 2003

achrist at easystreet.com writes:

> Joe Francia wrote:
>>
>> PythonMan wrote:
>> > Any Software can change Python source code to Delphi ?
>> > thx
>> >

>> You might find an easier time of it to embed your Python in Delphi, or,
>> even better, write a Python extension with Delphi:
>>
>> http://www.atug.com/andypatterns/pythonDelphiTalk.htm
>> http://membres.lycos.fr/marat/delphi/python.htm
>>

> Anyone have any ideas about how to package one of these pythondelphi
> apps to be easy to deploy and be convenient to the end user?  I'm
> guessing that since python isn't on top, McMillan's installer and
> py2exe won't handle it.

You could write a small, fake module importing the stuff that the
library needs.  If you then run py2exe with the -k (--keep-temp) option,
it doesn't delete its own build tree. You will find there a xxx.zip
file, containing all the modules needed (plus a few scripts which you
can ignore). If you use Python 2.3, just add the zip-file's name to
sys.path, and you are done.

Thomas