PyQT and Mandrake 9.1

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 3 13:01:19 EDT 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:23:36 +0200,
 MK <MK at foo.com> wrote:
> "Gilles Lenfant" <glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com> wrote
>
>> I've been very excited by PyQT evangelists.
>
> Be careful. QT is controlled by one company,
> and it costs money. YMMV, however.

Not on Linux, the Linux QT version, is GPL'd, so you can get it free,
and Free. If you want to write closed source programmes with it, then
you will need to buy a licence from TT, but if you want to write open
source programmes, at least with Linux (I don't know about the MSWindows
version) then you don't need to pay one red cent.

--
Jim Richardson         http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock

Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()