properties + types, implementing meta-class desciptors elegantly?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at
Sun Jul 20 02:12:36 CEST 2003

Aahz wrote:

>In article <mailman.1058654317.6488.python-list at>,
>Mike C. Fletcher <mcfletch at> wrote:
>>Nope, I'm trying to make meta-classes which have rich properties.  The
>>particular project is a plug-in system, where the classes (the
>>metaclass-instances) want to have all sorts of rich metadata associated
>>with them in a way which meshes with the rest of the system (i.e. using
>>a descriptor-based introspection mechanism).
>Keeping in mind that I'm really not following this discussion all that
>closely (because metaclasses give me headaches), are you trying to make
>a *metaclass* that has properties or a *metaclass instance* (i.e. a
>class) that has properties?
Just the meta-class instances (classes).  Wasn't sufficiently precise in
my description, the properties are normally declared in the meta-class,
but they are actually properties of the meta-class instances.

Sorry about that,

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder