pretty printing graphs

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Tue Jul 29 10:11:33 EDT 2003

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) wrote in message news:<bg51s1$qp2$0 at 216.39.172.122>...
> Well, here's the version with connectors:
> <snip>

Thanks Bengt,

this give me some idea. I was writing something similar three or four
days ago, but I was stuck with the connection lines. I had the very
bad idea of drawing them as dots, but this is the unhappy result in
a similar hierarchy:

                   +------+
                   |object|
                   +------+..
                     .   .   ...
                    .     .     ...
                   .       .       ...
             +------+    +------+    +------+
             |ClassD|    |ClassE|    |ClassF|
             +------+.. .+------+    +------+
               .     .....             .
              .   ...     ...         .
             . ...           ...     .
       +------+                +------+
       |ClassB|                |ClassC|
       .   .....
 |ClassA|
 +------+

I think I will copy your connection lines idea, if not the code ;)

      Michele