Can't install csv parser

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Mon Jul 14 19:54:40 EDT 2003

BogAl <bogal2 at comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.197c88885d4542c09896a8 at news.in.comcast.giganews.com>...
> Thanks for the reply, Dave....
>
> > Try putting the .pyd in C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages
>
> Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message.

I would suggest that you
(1) Remove all your copies of csv.pyd
(2) Install the csv module properly by following the instructions on
Dave's website (i.e. briefly, you unpack the distribution into a
directory, and then run setup.py)
(3) If you still have a problem, post a message that shows
(a) what version of Windows you are running
(b) what version of Python
(c) your windows path
(d) your Python path (import sys; print sys.path)
(e) what you get when you run Python (at the DOS command line!!) with
-v and try to import the csv module
(f) what the MS depends utility says about
C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\csv.pyd

Another thought: I found I had a python22.dll (dated Oct 2002, must be
from Python 2.2.2) in my c:\WINNT\system32 directory and one dated May
2003 (must be from Python 2.2.3) in my c:\Python22 directory ... don't
know how that happened; puzzling ... I've killed off the older one.
You might like to search python22.dll *AND* msvcrt.dll and ensure that
you are using the latest.

HTH,
John