Confusing automated translators.

Alan Kennedy alanmk at
Mon Jul 14 17:36:55 CEST 2003

>The "Time flies" is a classic.  I heard it a few dozens of years ago. :-)
>Another similar classic, for French, is "Le pilote ferme la porte.".

I presume that is a play on "pilote ferme", as in "experimental farm",
as well as the obvious meaning "the pilot/driver closes the
door/gate". Is this meaning betrayed by the "le" matching "pilote",
rather than the "la" it should have for "ferme". Or have I missed the
point completely (I don't consider myself a strong french speaker)?

Joyeux Le Quatorze!

alan kennedy
check http headers here:
email alan: