file.close()

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Thu Jul 24 01:26:15 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:20:15 GMT, Bryan wrote:
>>     filelist = []
>>     try:
>>         filelist.append(open(filename[0]))
>>         filelist.append(open(filename[1]))
>>         do_something(filelist)
>>     finally:
>>         for f in filelist:
>>             f.close()
>
> erik, carl... thanks... this is exactly what i was looking for

The only substantial difference I see between this and what you
originally posted, is that there is only one 'try...finally' block for
all the file open/close operations.  Is this what you were wanting
clarified?

--
 \          "I spent all my money on a FAX machine. Now I can only FAX |
  `\                                       collect."  -- Steven Wright |