Sample Web application

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Jul 10 20:13:28 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 18:33, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> In article <mailman.1057862838.7508.python-list at python.org>, Ian Bicking wrote:
> > Well, it wasn't Quixote I was talking about.  It was more things like
> > jonpy (with wt templates, specifically)
>
> Well, the way 'wt' works requires you to put 2 lines of mod_rewrite
> rules in your .htaccess or httpd.conf, there's no getting around that.
> I don't see it as a big hardship though. It's kind've fundamental to
> they way 'wt' templates work and 2 lines of work in advance means a
> lot of work saving later on.

FWIW, I spent a lot of time trying to get those two lines to work,
ultimately failing (it was a while ago, so I'm afraid I can't expand).
It's entirely possible I was trying too hard and making it more
complicated than it was... but configuring Apache in general is a pain,
because diagnostics for that sort of configuration are largely
nonexistent, you simply get incorrect behavior.  Or maybe I got Apache
right, but the file layout wrong.  Whichever.

My problems with FastCGI have been largely the same.  It shouldn't be
complicated, but somehow manages to be so anyway.  The multitudes of
FastCGI-reimplementors can't all be wrong, can they? ;)

Always-reluctantly-a-sysadmin'ly y'rs,
  Ian