wxPython - question

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Jul 13 00:55:39 EDT 2003

"Artur M. Piwko" <pipen at beast_tu_kielce.pl> wrote:

>How can I remove program entry from taskbar (not tray)?

PLEASE resist the temptation to built Yet Another Tray Application.  Win32
programmers seem to use the tray icons as a sign of their guruness, and
every one of them seems to think that his application is so studly that it
must occupy permanent real estate on my desktop.  I've seen some trays that
bloat to 20 or 30 icons.

Don't do it.  Your application just isn't that important.  If you need to
notify me of something, I find nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned
dialog box.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.