Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 4 12:22:48 EDT 2003

"Achim Domma" <domma at procoders.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
be47oo$621$05$1 at news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with ZODB but I don't understand when objects are
loaded
> from the DB. Assume I have an object containing a list of other objects.
If
> this object is loaded from ZODB, when is the list filled? Only on demand?
> think yes, because otherwise reading the top node would result in loading
> the whole database. But I wanted to be sure!
>
> regards,
> Achim

It seems you don't need to care about this. The persistence of objects is
(almost) transparent.
You get/set the objects through a transparent cache to the database.
The only rule : all objects must be picklable, and watch the doc about
_v_xxx and p_xxx attributes.

--Gilles