upgrading python to ver 2.2 from 15

Jacob Singh jacob at pajamadesign.org
Fri Jul 25 20:48:31 EDT 2003

Hello!

I just got a new server and I am trying to migrate my mailman stuff
over, but ran into a problem.  When trying to install mailman I got the
error "mailman requires >= python 2.1xxx"  So I downloaded the new SRPMS
and installed, but unfortunately these are python2  so it installs okay,
won't update the old one and both are on the system.  So I can make a
link in bin, so I load the right one from the prompt, but this doesn't
seem to cut it for mailman, and it still won't install!

I need to get this done really soon, if anyone has faced this and knows
what to do, I'd be really happy.

thanks

Jacob Singh