Be Honest about LC_NUMERIC (PEP proposal), was Re: [Python-Dev] LC_NUMERIC and C libraries

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Jul 21 10:40:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Christian Reis wrote:

> Title: 	Be Honest about LC_NUMERIC (to the C library)

I recall once I mistakenly set LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU"
After that it was impossible to attach files in pine
mailer, because it showed file size with "," instead of "."
and at the same time understood "," as a file list separator...

So I'd prefered all these peculiarities to be ignored as much as
possible.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -