eGenix mxODBC Zope DA for FreeBSD

M.-A. Lemburg mal at
Tue Jul 1 18:37:55 CEST 2003

                      mxODBC Zope Database Adapter
                            Version 1.0.6

                        Beta 1 for FreeBSD 4.8

The eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter (Zope DA) allows you to easily
connect your Zope installation to just about any database backend on
the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially
supported product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC
standard as middle-tier architecture.

One Interface on all Platforms...

Unlike Zope's ZODBC Zope DA, the mxODBC Zope DA works on Windows
XP/NT/2000/98/95, Linux, Solaris and now FreeBSD using the same
interface on all platforms

High Performance...

The mxODBC Zope DA implements thread-safe connection pooling and
multiple physical connects per logical Zope connection. You can safely
run Z SQL Methods in parallel, achieving a much better performance
than ZODBC Zope DA or similar Zope database adapters under heavy load.

This makes it ideal for deployment in Zope Clusters and Zope hosting
environments where stability and high performance are a top priority.

Please report any bugs you find to support at Evaluation
licenses can be had from licenses at

For more information on the mxODBC Zope DA, licensing and download
instructions, please visit our web-site:

You can buy mxODBC Zope DA licenses online from the shop at:

Thank you,
Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 01 2003)
 >>> Python/Zope Products & Consulting ...
 >>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...
2003-07-01: Released mxODBC Zope DA for FreeBSD             1.0.6 beta 1