Sample Web application

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 19:36:52 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1057865117.25491.python-list at python.org>, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> Someone should write a specification for the communication protocol
> (a protocol simpler than FastCGI, which has a specification but is
> too complicated)

I think you've said this before, but I still don't understand it. The
FastCGI protocol is very simple, and even if it wasn't you only have
to implement it once and then everyone can use that code. jonpy
implements the entire protocol, including all optional features, in
500 lines of Python, which includes a lot of debugging code. If you
didn't implement the optional features, which most people don't, then
it's even simpler.