Sample Web application (Re: Python vs PHP)

Lothar Scholz llothar at web.de
Wed Jul 9 15:06:21 EDT 2003

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message news:

> The Java Pet Store was suggested, but it was pointed out that it's a very
> large application, requiring too much effort for an author to do in their
> spare time.

But you can see the difference only in larger application. Not
everything scales good when programming in the large is necessary. I
never found that simple benchmarks really helps.

> I think I like the store best, because the first three applications are
> all text-oriented, and the content manager doesn't do much beyond spitting back

Yes, me too. It should be something that is usefull for comparison in
larger commercial applications. And it should have test generators to
check the system under heavy system load.