Jython classpath question

Tennessee James Leeuwenburg t.leeuwenburg at removme.bom.gov.au
Wed Jul 16 22:29:13 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Sorry for the newb question, but Googling and FAQing didn't work. Is it
correct that Jython can only access Java classes which are inside JAR
archives in the JYTHON_HOME directory? IT doesn't seem to be documented. I
ask because I want to do groovy prototyping using Jython, and save myself
a lot of coding overhead to try something a little out-of-the-box.

I have a working directory where all my code lives, and because my app is
under rapid development, I would prefer to avoid creating a JAR file every
time I want to do some Python scripting?

What do people suggest I do?

Thanks,
-Tennessee