Debugging Python ?

Pedro Werneck pedro.werneck at bol.com.br
Tue Jul 29 10:32:44 EDT 2003

That's a nice idea... I done something similar to redirect print
statements to a text widget in a debug environment I am developing...
but my point here is not to redirect output... I think a statement
that simply does:    if __debug__: print "..."    would ease
debugging... that:  def _print(*args):     for arg in args:
print arg     return True  assert _print("bla", "bla bla")  is very
interesting but it would be nice to have a standard way to do that...
a new statement, a modified assert statement or a new builtin... I am
not that experienced on python, so I don't know... what do you Python
gurus think ? Is this worth the effort ?