Static typing

Tayss tayss_temp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 09:18:13 EDT 2003

In case I wasn't clear, you can say I'm against static typing in
Python.  I'm for purely optional typing, and I don't mind it in
docstrings (as a way for both humans and compilers to gain info).

I even like the fact you can add vars at runtime to objects, as well
as use the __slots__ declaration for safety.  A Ruby advocate listed
this as an unsafe failure of Python, but it's certainly interesting to
use objects as a dictionary with bite if nothing else.