Webware application question

Aaron Buhr Aaron.Buhr at campuscommgroup.com
Wed Jul 30 14:02:38 EDT 2003

    Hello all.  I am looking to rebuild our corporate website from Cold
Fusion to Python/WebWare/Cheetah.  I am new to all three, so I apologize in
advance if my questions are ignorant.  I do not understand how one would
cache database connections using WebWare.  At this point I do not want to
use Middlekit, but I would like to compartmentalize all my database
connection code and cache it for performance.

    The intent would be to have a shared connection pool that my pages would
request an open connection from, utilize for SQL code, then give back to the
db caching system.  Specifically I do not understand where I would put the
code to do this.  Would I subclass the Application class and put my db
caching code in there?  If not, how would I make the db caching code
consistent to all my pages?  I could make a db cache class that would then
be available to all my pages, but I am not sure how to make the same
instance of that class (which is where all the cached connections would
live) available to all pages.

    Thanks!

Aaron Buhr
Campus Communications Group, Inc.