QUESTION

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 11:55:11 EDT 2003

    >> I do not ever recall seeing "python" in the programs.

    gustavo> Compaq didn't bundle Python with it's computers, if that's what
    gustavo> you're asking.

    >> I have been having alot of problems with my computer lately and I am
    >> removing unecessary "junk".

    gustavo> Then, by all means, enter the control panel, select "Add or
    gustavo> Remove Programs", look for Python's entry and double-click on
    gustavo> it to remove it.

I think you might want to be careful about deleting Python from your
COMPAQ.  It appears that COMPAQ did actually deliver Python on some of their
systems:

    http://wingide.com/pipermail/marketing-python/2003-February/001050.html

Deleting Python from the computer may make future upgrades difficult.

Skip