Skip Montanaro skip at
Wed Jul 9 17:55:11 CEST 2003

    >> I do not ever recall seeing "python" in the programs.

    gustavo> Compaq didn't bundle Python with it's computers, if that's what
    gustavo> you're asking.

    >> I have been having alot of problems with my computer lately and I am
    >> removing unecessary "junk".

    gustavo> Then, by all means, enter the control panel, select "Add or
    gustavo> Remove Programs", look for Python's entry and double-click on
    gustavo> it to remove it.

I think you might want to be careful about deleting Python from your
COMPAQ.  It appears that COMPAQ did actually deliver Python on some of their

Deleting Python from the computer may make future upgrades difficult.