Casting stones (was Re: Debugging Python ?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jul 29 12:00:38 EDT 2003

In article <3F268802.BDB26B67 at hotmail.com>,
Alan Kennedy  <alanmk at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>>
>> Top-posting is more annoying IMO.
>
>However, there is a down side: it makes it impossible to get
>meaningful summaries of a posters posting history on Google Groups.

To the extent that's an issue (and I don't necessarily agree that it is
an issue), I consider that Google's fault for not writing software that
accounts for quoting.  If/when they fix their software, that solves the
issue from your perspective; in the meantime, we get easier-to-read
threads in realtime.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz