Confusing automated translators.

Alan Kennedy alanmk at
Mon Jul 14 12:06:03 CEST 2003

Dan Bishop wrote:

> The Babelfish translation is
> "People, you polskazhite plz where to reach progu to
> frizer(kazhet'sya, shorter must be into yekhe-shnik outdistanced)."

My favourite "phrase designed to mess up machine translation" (I'll
bet there's one big long word for that in German) is

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana".

I'd love to hear of other similar phrases. And somehow I intuit
there's people in this ng who know lots of them :-)

If people think it's too much newsgroup abuse to discuss such a
non-python subject, then email them to me privately, and I'll collect
and list them.

monday-morning-coffee-hasn't-kicked-in-yet-ly yrs.

alan kennedy
check http headers here:
email alan: