Python is a gem, you need to keep pushing it ....

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:41:42 EDT 2003

> same frustration as myself where managers (and people who think Microsoft
> invented everything well except a watch you need to recharge every 2 days

"Me too". I am a programmer at a firm of engineers. They're fixated by
all things Microsoft. I try to explain to them that, perhaps, not
*everything* is best done on Excel using VBA. I happened to glance at
a proposal for a large job (for them) that they were bidding for; and
it stated that it was to be based on Microsoft Access. *Groan*. Honest
to God, if it doesn't have coloured cells all over the place, then
they kind of stare at you like rabbits caught in the headlights of an
oncoming car. Attempts to tell them that all this guff is difficult to
put under version control because it's a binary ... you should
separate code from data ... blah blah ... well, I might as well talk
to a brick wall.

Rant over. For now.