anything like C++ references?

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Wed Jul 16 01:24:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 06:27, Stephen Horne wrote:
> Really. Is that what dictionaries are for? Or lists? Or other mutable
> classes?

I guess that's what classes are for... Just on a personal note, I've
never ever needed or wished for something similar to pointer syntax in
Python. Don't you tell that it's my background, I come from a C++
background, and have switched to Python only for the last two years or
so.

If you encapsulate your data correctly (have classes handle data that
belongs together, and not pass it round in parts), everything works out
great, at least for me. And I guess there's nothing more important than
thinking about proper data-encapsulation before starting a project.

All-beating-about-the-bush-for-nothing'ly,

Heiko Wundram.