How to save web pages for offline reading?

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:48:26 EDT 2003

> [Thomas Güttler]
> Does it need to be done with pyhton?
> If not, I would use wget. It has very much features.

I downloaded and installed (Windows binary).  The latest version
didn't work, needs some DLL I don't have and the supplied DLLs give
errors.  An old version did work.

But it downloads only the HTML, not the .GIFs in it.  There is an -A
option (from wget --help):

Recursive accept/reject:
  -A,  --accept=LIST                list of accepted extensions.

But I don't know the syntax for LIST.  Do you?  I think adding .GIF
and .CSS to this "list" is what I want??