ANNOUNCE: JOTWeb 1.11, preview of new web application system.

Tim Churches tchur at
Tue Jun 17 23:09:42 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 02:22, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Welcome to the first wide-spread announcement of my latest project: JOTWeb.
> JOTWeb is a system for developing dynamic web sites using a combination
> of HTML+TAL/TALES/METAL and Python, with mod_python for integrating with
> Apache.  Benefits include good documentation, a fairly simple and
> intuitive design, and powerful yet easy to use session and form
> processing.
> More information including "why another one", examples, and more is
> available at:

At the above site you explain:
"Why Another WebApp?
The short answer is that I couldn't really find another web application
system that I felt comfortable with. They were either too heavy-weight,
didn't work as I expected them or didn't fit my development model, were
not well enough documented, etc... "

Just out of interest, what didn't you like about Albatross ( )? Superficially at
least, Albatross seems to look a lot like JotWEB, in its templating
syntax, underlying architecture and light weight. No criticism of your
decision to develop another Pythonic WebApp framework is intended - the
more the merrier - but as a user of Albatross I am genuinely interested
in what you thought isn't right with it.

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0