You know you're a Pythonista when..

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Tue Jun 10 15:00:33 EDT 2003

bitbucket at safe-mail.net (poiboy) writes:

> 4.5) Leaving if:, elif:, and else: on their own lines for fear of
>      scorn or deprecation.

Going through my own programs and making sure I did the same with
try:, a couple of months after a misguided attempt to make my style
look like the examples in the Cookbook.

In addition:

Trying to write a Perl text filter for some coworkers, to be run on a
system without Python, and finding it _very_ hard going. (I used to
write Perl for a living, so this was amazing to me.)

Feeling somewhat outraged that someone would want to add ++foo to
Python.

Nick

--
# sigmask.py  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your Python.
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')