Peter Hansen peter at
Wed Jun 4 02:51:50 CEST 2003

Vincent L wrote:
> I'm searching for the python binary module "calldll.pyd" for python
> 2.3 (for Win32 platform)? (and the file npstruct.pyd)
> Where I can find this file?

I believe the best answer might be "use ctypes instead".

You probably found this:
from which you can infer that calldll is not supported any more.
(I'm not sure that's the case... and of course the source is
available so you could presumably make it run under Python 2.3

On the other hand,
is the place to go for something that appears to be supported,
although depending on your needs it may not be quite mature enough
yet.  It has been described as "experimental" in the past, although
that label seems to have been removed from the web page...

I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, myself.