Python as a Language Choice

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at
Tue Jun 17 03:43:25 CEST 2003

Tim Rowe wrote:
> Cousin Stanley wrote:
>>   o Large and diverse set of Application Programming Interfaces
>>     available in many areas ...
> Not really a factor for me; I just as often use a plain text editor.

I think you're thinking of IDEs (Integrated Development Environments),
not APIs.

> One factor for me that isn't in your list is the extensive
> availability of libraries such as numeric and the XML stuff.

That's what he meant by Application Programming Interface (API).

 \          "When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a |
  `\         great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many |
_o__)                 people ask me if I'm leaving."  -- Steven Wright | 9CFE12B0 791A4267 887F520C B7AC2E51 BD41714B