Python as a Language Choice

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Mon Jun 16 21:43:25 EDT 2003

Tim Rowe wrote:
> Cousin Stanley wrote:
>>   o Large and diverse set of Application Programming Interfaces
>>     available in many areas ...
>
> Not really a factor for me; I just as often use a plain text editor.

I think you're thinking of IDEs (Integrated Development Environments),
not APIs.

    <http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?IDE>

> One factor for me that isn't in your list is the extensive
> availability of libraries such as numeric and the XML stuff.

That's what he meant by Application Programming Interface (API).

    <http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?API>

--
 \          "When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a |
  `\         great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many |