Glue code

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 18:39:21 EDT 2003

DB_RobertP wrote:

> What systems do people use to easily make C/C++ code visible to Python?
> I'm currently checking out Swig, but I've heard others mentioned. If
> anyone has any experience with these systems, could you recommend one to
> look into? Also, any other general pointers when trying to extend C/C++
> code to python sctipts would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Robert
>
> --

I'm a big weave.inline fan (http://scipy.org).  I'm attaching here some example
code which can get you off the ground.  But inline is meant for short snippets,
if you want to wrap a large library and freely mix C++ and python into your
object structure, boost.python is the way to go.

Here's an excellent overview I just read today:

http://www.cuj.com/documents/s=8188/cuj0307abrahams/

Best,

f.