minidom toxml() not emitting attribute namespace qualifier

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:50:43 EDT 2003

Alan Kennedy wrote:

> That's a bug in minidom.
>
> I reported it back in November 2002, but I wasn't precise enough about
> version numbers, so it went unaddressed.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106473&aid=637355&group_id=6473

I've checked further, and this is now my understanding.

The bug report I made above related to the standard minidom that comes with the
base installation of python, which does indeed have the bug.

The bug was fixed by the pyxml maintainers, a long time ago, but only in the
minidom that comes with pyxml.

Obviously, the two minidom implementations are out-of-synch.

If you install pyxml, you won't see this problem.

--
alan kennedy